Two Guys, Two Girls and a Submit Button

Life doesn't suck. Our lives suck.



Tuesday, December 4, 2007

A 20 gigabyte ipod holds 5000 songs

The first long car ride I took myself was probably in 1999, and it was only five or so hours. This was during the time when napster was the greatest thing ever invented, so to prepare for my trip I would burn CDs. A five hour drive meant making five cds. If I put 20 songs on a cd, that's 100 songs for the entire trip (and I'd repeat them for the return drive).

A few years ago I got an ipod. Now when I take that same five hour drive, I take two or three thousand songs. And the thing is, I need that many.

Last time I drove to Dodge, I went through 65 songs before I hit Topeka. Topeka is 20 miles from Lawrence.

At this point my musical taste has been so infected by my ADD that I'm not sure if I even like music anymore. I think I might just like recognizing songs- oh, I know what this one is. Next.

It's pathetic, really. Which is nice, that way it matches up with everything else I do.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have 7,000 songs on my iPod. I've easily scanned through over a hundred songs on my commute to work.

Yet, in my car, I've listened to the same five mixed CD's for over a year.

Too much choice is just as bad as having no choice at all.

Do you ever try to clear out some songs, but don't because you're afraid of taking out something you might grow to like, someday? In all my years of the portable hard drive, there are only two songs that I was introduced two via shuffle that I grew to love.

The Clash - Straight to Hell
Ben Kweller - Lizzy

Moronica Bars said...

So now you're blogging about your ipod?

I can't even read this because it's so 2003 in here.

Hipster trash.