Two Guys, Two Girls and a Submit Button

Life doesn't suck. Our lives suck.



Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Plus it's always easy to find hookers and drugs.

Today I found myself standing in a parking lot with a half dozen half-tards and miscreants, freezing, wet, hands numb, ass numb, halfheartedly making small talk when one of them says,

"Why the hell do you work in that dump?" When I just stare at him he says, "I mean in that fucking shithole slum. Oh, you live there too? What for?! Just a bunch of thugs."

OK, I'm not sure if it's agoraphobia or racism or the fact that that local news reports almost exclusively on the crime that occurs in poor/black/inner-city neighborhoods, but I get a lot of this and it really pisses me off. I love my neighborhood. It's diverse, it's close to a lot of really great restaurants and museums and cool eclectic houses and businesses and everything's open late. The people here look out for each other in a way unlike any other place I've ever lived, and they're fiercely proud of their neighborhoods. And it's NOT a slum, goddamnit.

Although, I just remembered that when Bars and Babbles stayed here one time we all woke up in the middle of the night because there were like 15 or 16 gunshots REALLY close. So maybe my point is invalid. Speaking of invalid - Babbles and Gal, have you guys seen the new courtroom-format Lewis Black show on Comedy Central? It has sort-of-funny assholes pretending to be lollers. Much like this blog.

Anyway, I was tired and cranky and I had cold wet feet inside my boots, but I swallowed my pride and told the guy that I didn't blame him for feeling that way because old white guys from the suburbs always get a little antsy in the city.

He was unimpressed with my magnanimity.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Seriously fuck them.

I know how you feel. People are always running down D.C. and Haysia and that gets on my fightin side.

fuck everyone, really.

Molly Slaggerty said...

yeah, out here that entire part of the state inspires eye-rolling.

fuck the haters.

Moronica Bars said...

plus what's said in the title shouldn't be lightly dismissed

A.v.E said...

Three people were killed in my building last year.

Do I lock my door?

Hell no! In fact, I leave that shit propped open.

The day I lock my doors is the day the murderers win.

Anonymous said...

It's only a matter of time before the murderers win. How are the looters doing?

Slogan Echoes said...

Umm, Nony...

That's because DC and Haysia are 2 of the three most fuck-awful places on earth.

( If it helps, #3 is inside a dead elephant's ass.)

Anonymous said...

also, i'm surprised that barrs and babbles were able to hear the gunfire through all that going down on eachther.

-a.v.e

Molly Slaggerty said...

well the slurping was nearly deafening but somehow the shots were audible above it.

Oliver Babbles said...

attention slags:
anytime you use the phrase "speaking of invalid", it should be followed by an anecdote about moronica.