Two Guys, Two Girls and a Submit Button

Life doesn't suck. Our lives suck.



Friday, April 25, 2008

Shikari

so there's a road I am forced to take every morning when I drop my daughter off at preschool - everyone driving in has to share the same piece of road with the folks leaving. And normally I don't care . . . whatever, we're all jockeying for the same space, so we're all gonna have to wait at some point in time.
Today, however, there was some big fucking hold up, a hitch in the get-a-long (as they say in SD).
Some big white semi-looking truck is backing up, by which I mean remaining stationary in the middle of the road, holding up traffic going in and going out. At first I was upset. (I'm not above a little road rage in the morning)
But then I see the guy in the front, directing the truck backing up. He's got jeans and desert boots on, like your average construction "dude", but he's got some suspenders holding up his Lee jeans, and as he only weighs a buck ten, they look a little silly.
But not as silly as the pith helmet he's got on his head. That's right, a khaki, canvas-covered pith helmet. This guy doesn't give a shit if he's holding up a couple of station wagons and SUV's - he's on fucking Safari.

Curious to see if this was the fashion come-back of the year (urban sombrero anyone?) I did a little googling, and came across this guy. Creepy looking AND willing, wanting, waiting to tell you all about something you couldn't care less about. He even has business cards.

All I know is that traffic never does what I tell it to, and I have no business cards.
Perhaps my lack of pith helmet is to blame.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

If blah school doesn't pan out, you could always become a fruit detective.

Gal Swearengen said...

I'm beginning to think that isn't such a bad idea - my days are filled with tiny print and loafer clad, plaid shorts wearing elitists . . . this guy gets to have conversations like this:

Karp (the fruit detective) was undaunted. "Where did the breeder get his breeding stock from?" he demanded. "Because they say there are some varieties that taste better than others."

"They may be right, David, they may be right. Look, I can't talk about this. There's some very big players involved in this thing, and they don't care who gets hurt - that's just the way it is."

Fruit Breeding Mafia? Sign me up!

Anonymous said...

moronica's been a fruity detective for years now.

A.v.E said...

I spent years as a Pith Fighter.

I would punch my opponents in the back until their spines were mush.

Okay. I never did any of that.

But I'd like to.