Two Guys, Two Girls and a Submit Button

Life doesn't suck. Our lives suck.



Thursday, April 3, 2008

Things I don't like (that aren't commenters)

I don't know if you people have much to do with libraries but I, in a shamefully cliched way, spend a lot of time in them. I go there for fun. I go there to work. I sulk there and socialize there and I occasionally drink there.

I mean. I drink there often. But sometimes I go there for that purpose--to sip away my drinking hours that would otherwise be sipped away at a bar or with friends.

Guess what I don't do? Sleep there.

I can't fucking stand people who sleep in the library. I'm not talking about the crashed-out, head on book, drool on page, hand still on crappy cup of coffee 'cause I've been working on this fucking paper for three days straight instead of all semester like I was supposed to kind of library sleeper. I'm talking about the people who just flop out for a good nap in the middle of library primetime.

Is there anything more inelegant? More uncouth? Just plain grosser than these hideous hideous people.

Now look. I'm the last person who would ever accuse me of couthness or elegance. This afternoon I was trying to remember if it was early January or late January the last time I washed my one pair of jeans that I wear everyday (and after a while, I kind of felt like it didn't matter because fuck if I'm going to wash them today, ya know?)

But something about these library sleepers gets on my fightin side. I'm not sure what it is and I don't care. I just don't like it.

Actually. I might be projecting some of my feelings about sleep onto them. Don't get me wrong. I still totally hate these people. But it would be dishonest not to admit that I have some hangups about sleep. But hangups--somnial and otherwise--are for another post.

5 comments:

Molly Slaggerty said...

Are library sleepers better or worse than library fuckers?

Slogan Echoes said...

I think it might be time to lower your expectations, Moronnie.

We are talking about the Fort Hole-in-the-Road UniCollege Library, aren't we?

I'm amazed they let non-tards in that town. If I were the Head Tard in Charge (or even Assistant Head Tard) I'd be afraid triple-digit IQ's might gum up the works. I'd build a big padded wall and be done with the smarties.

Fuck. I forgot what my point was going to be. Oh well.

Gal Swearengen said...

While I don't know anything about the Fort blah blah blah Library of which you speak, I am in favor of elitist, restrictive opinions about who belongs in a library and who doesn't.

If i were in charge of the law library things would be done oh-so different. And by different I mean over half of those losers in loafers aren't allowed in, and more phrases like "Fucking Yahtzee!"

Oliver Babbles said...

I think moronica has drank wine straight from the bottle a number of times at his library.

I tried this at my library, but Gal kept taking the bottle from me.

A.v.E said...

This is good. But I would have made one minor edit. The following should have read:

I'm the last person who would ever accuse me of couthness or elegance. This afternoon I was trying to remember if it was early January or late January, then I shit my pants.