Two Guys, Two Girls and a Submit Button

Life doesn't suck. Our lives suck.



Friday, February 29, 2008

comma, comma, comma, comma.

I think having more than doubled the number of posts last month qualifies this as a bona fide "Blogaissance".

I missed the memo that this was where we submit all demand lists, "rather be" lists, and "things I've done whilst being smitten" lists. Allow me to make up for lost time.

Demands:
1) more sharkweek.
2) less february. every year. Seriously, just get rid of it all together.
3) fewer folks wearing loafers in my immediate vicinity.
4) more pie.

Rather Be:
a) Blah School Dropout
b) the next American Idol
c) my childhood idol: Hall Monitor (and No, Babbles, I don't mean the reptile kind)
d) snotty, pretentious wine expert (a.k.a well dressed lush)
e) patissier
f) mechanic
g) (if gender and orientation were not a bar) drag queen

Things I've done whilst smitten:
first: making a left hand turn from the middle lane on a red light, cutting off a cop, and therefore getting pulled over by said cop.

next: bought (as a present) an iMac in December. (Got broken up with in January.)

last: attended local South Dakota version of a NASCAR Race. (oh, the shame)

that is all.

11 comments:

Oliver Babbles said...

a few things-

first, I like that now I don't even have to make jokes, you guys can make my jokes for me

second, I'd break up with a girl who bought me an imac, too. PCs are where it's at.

and nascar? jesus christ.

Slogan Echoes said...

I mean very little offense but...

Your desire to do away with Febraury (Black History Month) makes you a soulless bigot. Also probably a back-woods honkey.

Just saying.

Anonymous said...

I think you mean February, slogan.

Slogan Echoes said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Molly Slaggerty said...

I second more pie.

Slogan Echoes said...

I do. Fortunately, it was a typo and not a true misspelling.

I can still sleep at night.

Gal Swearengen said...

you don't think that perhaps whoever made Black History Month the shortest month of the year was the soulless bigot?

Why not celebrate in October, one of the longest months, like they do in Great Britain.

in which case you might be tempted to call me unpatriotic and/or a terrorist.

both of which I am fine with.

A.v.E said...

In the last week, this blog has turned into a message board, with the posts now being nothing more than incidental to confessionals and insults.

In keeping with the new spirit: I checked out a really great book from the library. The downside is it makes my face itch when I read it.

Oliver Babbles said...

what's funny is that Gal and I have to write research papers on slavery reparations, so we're knee deep in books about racism/etc.

and while definitely soulless, she's probably not a bigot. Nor a bigfoot (which is another topic I'm attempting to write a paper on this semester).

But I love the "I mean very little offense" line. That was good.

Molly Slaggerty said...

February is for shit. But at least it's over in about... 4.5 hours. In the central time zone at least. Those mountain-dwelling assholes have another hour.

Anonymous said...

...comma chameleon...