Two Guys, Two Girls and a Submit Button

Life doesn't suck. Our lives suck.



Wednesday, March 26, 2008

I don't negotiate with errorists

My submit button has gone missing. It's been over 48 hours and I've notified law enforcement officials. I also called the Hays Daily News because I was 100% positive they would want to run a story (front page, above the fold is what I suggested). And Babbles personal private eye is on the case.

So this morning/afternoon/whatever I got a text that read, "Wut u doin? =)."

It went on: "If you ever want to see your submit button again you need to bring a decent amount of scrilla to the sixth hole on the disc golf course at Summer Lane and 41st this afternoon."

Right away I noticed the message was strangely vague about time and amount but pretty specific about place. That frisbee golf course is in my neighborhood so it'll be easy to find but I'm pretty sure that whatever was meant by a "decent amount of scrilla" is more than the -$12.54 that's in my account.

And this afternoon? I hope this buttonnapper is planning on waiting around the whole day because If I do show up, it'll be whenever I feel like it.

At first I was worried that someone had flipped Babbles' P.I., Vinnie Van Lowe, but, really, he's more of a professional than that. (Van Lowe for Sheriff '08!!)

Anyway. The upshot of all this is I'm not really into getting my submit button back if it's going to be a huge hassle. So until I hear from Vinnie this texter can go fuck himself on a disc golf course.

5 comments:

Oliver Babbles said...

I like the title. And the bank account. But I don't like you having a submit button. And I don't like it a lot.

A.v.E said...

I'm just surprised you pay your cell phone bill.

Oliver Babbles said...

DUNK!

Molly Slaggerty said...

Even without a huge hassle, I'm not sure the submit button was worth ransoming.

Anonymous said...

How much do you think a submit button would go for on Ebay? Because selling sounds more profitable than ransoming it.