Two Guys, Two Girls and a Submit Button

Life doesn't suck. Our lives suck.



Saturday, March 22, 2008

what the hell was I thinking.

No, I know what I was thinking and it was something like this (in whiny high-schooler voice): "Why NOT run for senior class president? It's not like class officers actually DO anything. Plus, It'll look really good on my transcript."

I found out the day of the "election" that the senior class president is responsible for planning class reunions. I tried to back out of the race (failed), won, and have been worrying about it for the last. nine. years.

I could refuse to acknowledge the responsibility (like I've been planning on doing) and let someone else take it over at the last minute when they realize it's not getting done any other way. Or I could bite the bullet, enlist the help of all my fuckface high school friends, and start planning a goddamn 10-year class reunion. I generally consider avoidance of guilt a pretty piss poor motive for action, but that's not necessarily going to stop me.

The worst part: My transcript? Srsly?! If only I had known then what I know now. I would have had a lot more sex, smoked a lot more pot, and I would have had a much less impressive fucking transcript.

8 comments:

Oliver Babbles said...

I saw who you dated in high school; I don't think you'd really want to be having more sex

Molly Slaggerty said...

Well yeah, not with them.

Anonymous said...

A friend of mine was senior class president, and his fucking class wanted to have reunions every 5(!) years. He had his mom plan the fifth reunion and didn't even show up.

Slogan Echoes said...

I say you throw it at Moronica's cabin and forget to invite almost everyone.

Who says it has to be the WHOLE class?

Oliver Babbles said...

you should have the reunion held at the prison in Hutchinson; half our class is already there.

Molly Slaggerty said...

I think you've got a fucking brilliant idea. Why does it have to be held in our home town?

Let's have the 10-year reunion in Vegas or something. (Pref. someplace equally sleazy but less traditionally so. Any suggestions?)

Oliver Babbles said...

I like slogan's idea of holding it at moronica's cabin and not inviting anyone else .

How about you be a man about it and just not do it?

Molly Slaggerty said...

guilt.

Also, looking at my post I see a glaring error: My high school transcript was pretty rockin', but my fucking transcript could hardly be less impressive.