Two Guys, Two Girls and a Submit Button

Life doesn't suck. Our lives suck.



Saturday, March 29, 2008

Saturday Morning Veronica Mars Discussion No. 5

To Err is Human, to Forgive Aaron is Divine




Okay, so what if Aaron Echolls was boning his son's girlfriend, it's not like she wasn't hot. Plus she TOTALLY seduced him, what choice did he have? Was he supposed to turn her down? You know what that would have done to her fragile self-esteem; it would have crushed her (her spirit, not like, you know, her skull or something).

Plus, did you see how fucking hideous his wife was? You telling me you'd really rather bed that surgically-disfigured, lips-look-like-a-macy's-parade-float, eel-woman than the lovely and glorious Lilly Kane? Only Moronica, with his every-increasing list of sexual hangups, could make such a claim with a straight face.

I guess my point is that I think this guy is a badass. All you Logan-lovers need to recognize (and we're going with the alternate 'rek-uh-nize' pronounciation) that your beloved anti-hero is just the kroger version of his old man. Call me crazy, but I don't like knock-offs or remakes.

And how could you not sympathize with the man after hearing his impassioned testimony in the court room? Maybe I'm just a bleeding heart liberal, but I think the poor guy deserves a second chance. I heard that President Bartlett was even considering giving him a presdential pardon if he'd been convicted (of murder, not of being a badass, in which case he would have pled "motherfucking guilty, your honor").

And I'm not completely alone here...




(lyrics)

19 comments:

Moronica Bars said...

yeah. let's talk about sexual hang-ups for a sec, k?

"lovely and glorious Lily Kane"

:o ?! wha? glorious tho?


but I'm with you. all aboard the Aaron train or whatever. My favorite stop is where he beats up Alyson Hannigan's abuser.


and we got Usher super fucked up last night.

Anonymous said...

I bet he's a fucking monster in the sack.

Aaron Echols I mean, not Usher.

Anonymous said...

we'd know for sure if your beloved Logan hadn't erased all the tapes like a little spoiled brat.

Anonymous said...

usher is a tiger in bed though.

he rested his balls on my chin and brushed my teeth with his dick.

Oliver Babbles said...

comments like that are why no one read this (and why I'm embarassed to write for it)

Oliver Babbles said...

also, this activity you've enjoyed with Usher doesn't really scream "tiger in the sack."

(not that there's anything wrong with that)

Gal Swearengen said...

Aaron Echolls (a.k.a. the poor mans Richard Dean Anderson) with his not-quite-a-mullet and oh-so leathery skin is neither deserving of a second chance, or deserving of the adjective "badass". I will only agree to the term "monster in the sack" if by monster we mean the Jeffrey Dahmer kind. You know, the type of guy who locks girls in refrigerators and then sets fire to them.

You want to see a badass - look to the guy who shot him: Clarence "the motherfucker" Wiedman.

also: had he been convicted, President Bartlett would've thrown away the key without a second thought before asking "What's next?"

Moronica Bars said...

any more talk about president b and I will burn this blog to the ground

Oliver Babbles said...

I thought maybe you were going to go with a "not my president" argument there, moronica.

and I'm going to have to claim ignorance on behalf of aaron for putting teenage girls in iceboxes and then lighting them on fire; who knew that was going to be frowned upon?

Moronica Bars said...

who's frowning on it?

Anonymous said...

I believe that was actually part of Presdient Bartlet's platform for re-election

Gal Swearengen said...

me. I frown upon it.

let me back up, you wanna put your Madison Sinclairs, your Lily Kanes, your Jackie Cooks, your Kendall Casablancas' in a fridge, and turn up the heat I have less of a problem.

But I definitely have issues with the guy who puts Veronica in one.

Oliver Babbles said...

Maybe he just wanted to save her for later

Oliver Babbles said...

also, would it be fair to paraphrase your position as "nobody puts baby in a fridge!" ??

Gal Swearengen said...

If my position must carry a movie tag line with it, I prefer it to be: You know what Ol' Jack Burton always says at a time like this. . ."

and it isn't just Veronica - there are other characters I prefer not to be placed in refrigerators. And can I add Gia Goodman to the list of people I wouldn't mind placed in one.

Oliver Babbles said...

I'm okay with putting the entire Goodman clan in an industrial-sized unit and pushing it off a bridge.

And it wouldn't break me heart to put some of this blog's readers/writers in it too.

I guess because of this, my movie line would have to be "I think we're gonna need a bigger boat."

Slogan Echoes said...

Fuck Aaron Echols.

He killed one of Logan's girlfriends and tried to burn her (admittedly superior) replacement.

Were it up to Daddy Dearest, the only thing Logan would ever get to bone is that dried up slag from Buffy.

--NO, not his sister. The OTHER dried up slag from Buffy.

Molly Slaggerty said...

Yeah, the rest of us haven't watched enough Buffy to know which one of the cast members is the dried up slag you're referring to.

But my awesome powers of deduction tell me it's that slut Kendall Casablancas.

Slogan Echoes said...

You mean your awesome powers of IMDb?