Two Guys, Two Girls and a Submit Button

Life doesn't suck. Our lives suck.



Sunday, March 2, 2008

It's a disaster waiting to happen

Last September I purchased this:


It was really cheap and in awesome condition (and it's fucking adorable) and I was working with a bunch of dudes who like to work on motorcycles in their spare time and would think it was fun to teach a girl how to ride a bike. (Or at least laugh at me while I wrecked a bike.)

But I don't work with those fuckfaces anymore, and the bike takes like 40 kicks to start (because I don't know how much it costs to fix a starter but it's more than I'm willing to pay) and I look like a goddamn idiot doing it because by the time I get it started I'm all sweaty and out of breath.

The last time I got it started I had to take a break from the kicking because it took so many tries, and when I did get it started I realized that because I had parked it ass-end-out and because I'm not strong enough to lift it over the concrete dam that sits like a parking block in front of the garage door, the fucking bike was going nowhere. I wanted to torch it.

And I'm not sure if I mentioned that I still don't really know how to ride it. I've never ventured out of the 2-block radius that keeps me out of traffic. I've also never ventured out of 2nd gear.

And now I wake up and see this:



and... I guess... I'll go try to start it.

*sigh*

I'll update later from the emergency room.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't wait until the post where your bike looks like Moronica's car.

Oliver Babbles said...

opening the site and seeing the motorcycle photo first thing gives the blog wicked street cred

Molly Slaggerty said...

I've only ever subtracted street cred, so this is a welcome change.

A.v.E said...

Let's see: Motorcycle has trouble starting. Any Building-D kid could probably diagnose the problem.

But where to find, grease monkeys?

Hey, I know. How about a fucking tattoo parlor?

Just offer to add flames to any existing tattoo, in exchange.

Oliver Babbles said...

I once spent thirty minutes opening a bottle of wine. By the time I finally got the cork out, I just wanted some gatorade and an icyhot patch to put on my strained shoulder.

But don't worry; I toughed it out and drank the bottle.

Molly Slaggerty said...

Sounds like you got that bottle of whine open without much trouble.

Oliver Babbles said...

ha ha.
that was sarcasm.